Wrapping Up 2017

I had so much fun this week writing about my favorite comics, nonfiction, mysteries & thrillers, and fiction of 2017. But my favorites only tell part of the story.

I was reading...
I managed to read 102 books in 2017. That's only two fewer than 2016 (104), but still well below 2015 (131) and 2014 (139). I guess having a baby let me read a lot more than constantly conversing with a toddler does. I've been tracking my reading since 2009, and my 9-year average is 108, which is pretty neat. I didn't keep many statistics this year aside from what I read and in what month, but those numbers are most interesting to me anyway.

...but I wasn't blogging about it
I only wrote 23 blog posts in 2017. That's the lowest ever. By a lot. I'm not sure why, but I do know how much I've been enjoying blogging again this week, and I hope to at least talk about most books I read here. I may not write many reviews in my traditional style, and I want to experiment with different ideas, but I aim to write here more in 2018 (and I'm off to a good start!)

New Hall of Fame Inductees
I inducted three authors into my Hall of Fame! I didn't read any 6-star books in 2017 (well, I did, but it's not out yet, so you'll have to stay tuned for its reveal soon), so there aren't any new MVPs, but three authors earned a lifetime achievement induction, which means I've rated more than one of their books 5 out of 5 stars. I'd already rated one book by Chloe Caldwell and one by Maile Meloy 5 stars, so when their new books were published this year, they joined. One author, Taylor Jenkins Reid, was new to me this year. I rated two of her books 5 stars.

Favorite cover



Oldest book read (and first book read)
Explosion at Orly: The Disaster That Transformed Atlanta

First book read
The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam

Last book read
News of the World by Paulette Giles

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson